BBVA Group highlights (Consolidated figures)
|Balance sheet (millions of euros)|
|Loans and advances to customers (gross)||395,911||0.7||393,321||394,763|
|Deposits from customers||385,050||1.7||378,527||384,219|
|Total customer funds||481,488||(0.0)||481,717||492,022|
|Income statement (millions of euros)|
|Net interest income||4,556||3.6||4,398||18,124|
|Net attributable profit||(1,792)||n.s.||1,182||3,512|
|Adjusted net attributable profit (1)||292||(75.3)||1,182||4,830|
|The BBVA share and share performance ratios|
|Number of shares (million)||6,668||-||6,668||6,668|
|Share price (euros)||2.92||(42.8)||5.09||4.98|
|Earning per share (2)||(0.29)||n.s.||0.16||0.47|
|Adjusted earning per share (euros) (1)(2)||0.03||(83.4)||0.16||0.66|
|Book value per share (euros)||6.49||(9.9)||7.20||7.32|
|Tangible book value per share (euros)||5.78||(2.7)||5.94||6.27|
|Market capitalization (million euros)||19,440||(42.8)||33,960||33,226|
|Yield (dividend/price; %) (3)||8.9||4.9||5.2|
|Significant ratios (%)|
|ROE (net attributable profit/average shareholders' funds +/-
average accumulated other comprehensive income) (1)
|ROTE (net attributable profit/average shareholders' funds
excluding average intangible assets +/- average accumulated
other comprehensive income) (1)
|ROA (profit or loss for the year/average total assets) (1)||0.26||0.85||0.82|
|RORWA (profit or loss for the year/average risk-weighted assets - RWA) (1)||0.50||1.62||1.57|
|Cost of risk||2.57||1.03||1.02|
|NPL coverage ratio||86||74||77|
|Capital adequacy ratios (%)|
|CET1 fully-loaded (4)||10.84||11.35||11.74|
|CET1 phased-in (5)||11.08||11.58||11.98|
|Total ratio phased-in (5)||15.39||15.19||15.92|
|Number of clients (million)||78.5||3.8||75.6||77.9|
|Number of shareholders||876,785||(1.7)||892,316||874,148|
|Number of employees||126,041||0.2||125,749||126,973|
|Number of branches||7,694||(1.9)||7,844||7,744|
|Number of ATMs||32,275||(0.8)||32,528||32,658|
- General note: as a result of the decision taken by the International Financial Reporting Standards Interpretations Committee (IFRIC) regarding the collecting of interests of written-off financial assets for the purpose of IFRS 9, those collections are presented as reduction of the credit allowances and not as a higher interest income, recognition method applied until December 2019. Therefore, and in order to make the information comparable, the quarterly information of the 2019 income statements has been restated.
- (1) Excluding the goodwill impairment in the United States as of 31-03-2020 and 31-12-2019, for an amount of 2,084 and 1,318 millions of euros, respectively.
- (2) Adjusted by additional Tier 1 instrument remuneration.
- (3) Calculated by dividing shareholder remuneration over the last twelve months by the closing price of the period.
- (4) As of March 31, 2020 the fully-loaded capital ratios include the positive impact of +2 basis points due the reduction of the limit of share buybacks which is pending to be approved by the ECB.
- (5) Phased-in ratios include the temporary treatment on the impact of IFRS 9, calculated in accordance with Article 473 bis of the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR).