In 2011, the area has focused on:
- Adequately managing prices, with an impact on net interest income.
- Attracting low cost funds and boosting consumer finance.
- Developing and closely monitoring the expansion project launched in 2010, which has involved a major investment effort in innovation, technology and infrastructure.
- Making progress in the customer segmentation process to achieve a global vision of customers, who are at the core of business growth.
- Strictly monitoring risk.
Management priorities in 2012 will focus on:
- Boosting lending growth and fund gathering in the more profitable segments.
- Making net fee income more dynamic through increased commercial activity and transaction volumes.
- Controlling recurrent expenses, fundamentally in terms of personnel costs, with a target growth rate similar to 2011 inflation.
- Continuing to prudently manage risks.
- Consolidating the customer segmentation strategy in order to boost the cross-selling of products, and thus enabling income to increase, and to make progress in the service quality improvement effort.