- Good performance of gross income, thanks to a positive trend in more recurring revenue (particularly income from fees and commissions) and net trading income (NTI).
- Operating expenses under control.
- This has led to a further improvement in the efficiency ratio.
- Impairment losses on financial assets slightly below the figure for the first quarter of 2016.
- Inclusion of €177m restructuring costs inprovisions.
- As a result, the net attributable profit in the first quarter of 2017 was €1,199m, 69.0% higher than in the same quarter last year and 76.8% higher than posted in the fourth quarter of 2016.
Net attributable profit (Million euros)
Net attributable profit breakdown (1) (Percentage. 3Q 2017)
(1) Excludes the Corporate Center.
(2) Includes the areas Banking activity in Spain and Non Core Real Estate.